Lead a regional sales team to develop, generate, and increase sales and revenue.
• Provides team analysis during strategic plans and reviews; ownership of action plans; identifying trends; determining sales system improvements; and implementing change.
• Ensure account managers are executing expected sales activities and delivering results
• Responsible for supporting negotiations and implementation of sales initiatives at regional key accounts.
• Collaborate with customers and sales team to establish business plans to grow business at assigned retailers. Produce demand forecast in conjunction with Retail Sales teams. • Leadership role with internal teams to ensure inventory and supply chain metrics are achieved • Provides direction, leadership, and development to sales team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Agribusiness-related field required • Minimum 10 years related experience in sales required–preferably in the fresh produce industry • Minimum 8 years leading effective distributed sales teams • Must be geographically located to assigned customers and willing/able to travel at least 50% of the work week • Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with customers • Proven ability to maintain high-closing sales ratios
• Positive, competitive and confident personality with strongly developed persuasive and collaborative skills • Ability to "close the deal" and achieve a sustainable win-win outcome • Advanced understanding of margin and profit drivers, business acumen and commercial pragmatism • Ability to effectively present information and respond to management, employee, customer and supplier queries and demands • Able to reach a quick understanding of customer requirements, accurately interpret underlying needs, buying behavior, change drivers, influencers and direction.
Ideal candidate is currently based in Dallas, Houston, Denver, Tampa, or Orlando; other Eastern U.S. locations considered for qualified candidates.
No third parties please. E-Verify Employer EOE