|IFCO SYSTEMS RPCs:
- Can be used up to 100 trips
- 100% recyclable
- Damaged RPCs will be granulated and new RPCs will manufactured
The recent study, “The sustainability of packaging systems for fruit and vegetable transport in Europe based on life-cycle-analysis Update 2009”, published in February 2009 by Stiftung Initiative Mehrweg, highlighted various environmental advantages in using RPCs in comparison to cardboard.
IFCO SYSTEMS RPCs are ecologically superior compared to traditional one way packaging:
- 53% lower greenhouse emissions potential
- 38% lower ozone depletion potential
- 51% lower summer smog potential
- 72% lower acidification potential (contribution to acid rain)
- 81% lower eutrophication (contribution to over-fertilization)
A recent study, entitled “Life Cycle Inventory of Reusable Plastic Containers and Display-Ready Corrugated Containers Used for Fresh Produce Applications”, was conducted by Franklin and Associates, a recognized leader worldwide in the development of LCI (life cycle inventory) data.
- Reduce solid waste by 95%
- Require 29% less total energy
Our RPCs make prudent and sparing use of natural resources and represent an efficient contribution to the protection of our environment. In opting for our products, customers are also making a valuable contribution to environmental protection, while at the same time eliminating disposal costs.